He was employed by the firm of Guest , Merthyr , for five years previous to being admitted in 1815 to the Liverpool Institute for the Blind . There he was taught handicraft and learned to speak English .
He returned to Wales in 1817 and began to preach to Methodist congregations. In 1821 , however, he was baptized in the river Taff by David Saunders II ( 1769 - 1840 ) , of Merthyr Tydfil and the same year was established as minister of a (Welsh) Baptist congregation in London . Towards the end of 1826 he was appointed to succeed Joseph Harris ( Gomer ) at Swansea , and there he laboured until 1855 . From 1855 to 1860 he was in charge of Bethania , Cardigan , and from 1861 to 1868 of Ebenezer , Aberavon . In his day he was a very prominent man in his denomination.
He d. 19 Feb. 1876 and was buried at Swansea .
Reverend Morris Brynllwyn Owen, M.A., B.D. (1875-1949), Carmarthen
Published date: 1959